- Use two strips of tape across the bottom of the box.
- Cushion inside the box bottom with an inch or two of crushed paper.
- Place heaviest items in the bottom and lightest on top, cushioning each layer and corner spaces with crushed paper.
- Pack the box with enough items and cushioning that things don’t move around, but not so tightly that the box bulges outward.
- Securely tape the box shut and label which room it belongs to on multiple sides.
- Limit each box to 50 pounds or less for easy handling.